In Australia, all dietitians are nutritionists; however, nutritionists without a dietetics qualification cannot take on the expert role of a dietitian.
Dietitians are qualified to provide evidence-based nutrition services, but in addition, a dietitian has undertaken a course of study that included substantial theory and supervised and assessed professional practice in clinical nutrition, nutrition therapy and food service management.
A detailed list of the knowledge, skills and attributes of dietitians in Australia can be found in the National Competency Standards for Dietitians.
At Dietitian Catherine Chong, we address many women’s health conditions. Our services include personalised consultation and tailored nutrition solutions for:
- Fertility: Enhance your fertility through science-backed nutrition, lifestyle changes, and personalised guidance to increase your chances of conceiving naturally or through fertility treatments.
- IVF Support: Optimise your IVF journey with our expert advice, tailored meal plans, and supplement regimens designed to boost your chances of a successful treatment outcome.
- Pregnancy Support: Ensure a healthy pregnancy and optimal nourishment for you and your baby with our expert guidance on prenatal nutrition, lifestyle adjustments, and ongoing support.
- Egg Freezing: Maximise your chances of preserving fertility with our targeted nutritional advice, supplement regimens, and lifestyle recommendations to support egg quality and overall reproductive health.
We also provide consultations and tailored solutions for:
- Weight management
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Postpartum care
Experience the difference our personalised approach can make in your life. Book a consultation with us now.
We conduct a comprehensive dietary assessment which includes:
- Review your medical conditions and health goals
- Review of your blood test results
- A comprehensive evaluation of your nutritional intake, identifying areas for improvement and optimisation
- Assessment of your supplements, ensuring you’re only taking what’s truly beneficial for your health
- A 21-day customised meal plan designed to support your health goals with delicious and nourishing meals
- A personalised nutrition supplement regimen created to enhance your health
- Access our evidence-based fact sheets, empowering you with the knowledge to make the best choices for your health
Yes, we do. Please get in touch with our reception team for more information.
Engaging and informing both partners about the process can significantly improve your fertility journey’s success. By working together, you can make the necessary lifestyle changes and support each other every step of the way.
Yes, we offer consultations tailored to address male fertility. We recognise men’s unique needs and challenges in their fertility journey. We provide targeted guidance and support to help optimise male fertility through nutrition and lifestyle adjustments.
Please contact our receptionist at [email protected] to learn more about our male fertility consultations or schedule an appointment.
The initial consultation is usually 90 minutes. A subsequent follow-up visit will take around 45 – 60 minutes.
The initial consultation fee is $550. To learn more about our pricing options, please get in touch with our reception team at [email protected]. We’ll be more than happy to provide you with detailed information on our consultation fees, package offers, and any ongoing promotions we may have.
Our initial consultation delves deep into your medical history, nutrition, lifestyle, and goals. This foundational understanding shapes tailored recommendations. From there, we collaboratively draft an actionable plan.
Typically, clients choose fortnightly follow-up sessions over an initial eight-week span, ensuring a brisk pace towards achieving tangible results. Following this, monthly follow-up sessions over the next four months will reinforce and refine the newfound strategies and skills you’ve garnered to help maximise your fertility.
To learn more about our program fees, please get in touch with our reception team at [email protected]. We’ll gladly provide you with detailed information on our program fees and payment options.
We’re the recognised provider for most of Australia’s private health funds. The rebates you receive depend on the level of coverage of your policy. Please contact your health fund provider for more info.
If eligible for the Chronic Disease Management (CDM) Plan, you can access up to five dietitians’ rebates from Medicare in a calendar year. Please discuss with your GP regarding your eligibility. Valid for Medicare cardholders only.
You don’t need a referral letter. However, if you want to access dietitian rebates from Medicare, you need to have a Chronic Disease Management (CDM) plan and a referral letter from your GP.
Yes, we’re pleased to offer flexible payment plans for our clients. To discuss a personalised payment plan that best suits your needs, please get in touch with our reception team at [email protected]. We’ll happily provide more information and guide you through the process.
We consult clients from all around the world, and you can book an appointment online. If you have any questions or are unable to find a suitable time, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our team at [email protected]. We’re more than happy to assist you and will do our best to accommodate your preferences.